What are the most common reasons of Hair Loss?
Jeunesse MedSpa® | September 12, 2017 | no responses |
Millions of people all over the world are affected by hair loss.
There are many types of hair loss, otherwise known as alopecia. Fortunately, most of them are mild and slowly progressive, but some are more aggressive and even irreversible.
The two most common causes of hair loss that we see are female and male-patterned hair loss and stress-related hair loss.
The following are some causes :
- Alopecia areata (female pattern baldness)
- hereditary androgenetic alopecia (male pattern hair loss)
- Fungal infections
- Autoimmune disorders like Lupus
- Traumatic damage (such as compulsive pulling or tying your hair too tightly )
- Nutrient deficiencies- iron deficiency
- Hormonal imbalances – thyroid and PCOS
Blood tests may be needed if the doctor suspects a medical illness and may include:
- – Iron
- – thyroid function
- – hormone testing including oestrogen , testosterone , progesterone , cortisol
- – auto immune profile
Enjoy this article? Don't forget to share.